Last updated: March 02, 2021
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Tshwane Chess Region, 11 Strand Street.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Country refers to: South Africa
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to Tshwane Chess, accessible from https://tshwanechess.org/
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Our website address is: https://tshwanechess.org
Tshwane Chess is the Chess Region that host and administer all chess tournaments in the greater Tshwane / Pretoria area. All tournaments hosted by schools or private organisations have to be registered and approved by Tshwane Chess.
The Gauteng North Chess website (https://tshwanechess.org is the only official place of publication for invitations, merit ranking lists, communication, or documents.
The following are the policies and terms of service. By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Please check this page of the Site periodically.
Tshwane Chess does not guarantee that https://tshwanechess.org will be, uninterrupted, without error, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the site or any Content, search or link on it. https://tshwanechess.org and its Content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. Tshwane Chess and its Management cannot ensure that files you download from https://tshwanechess.org will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features The Management of Tshwane Chess will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this https://tshwanechess.org, including and without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
Tshwane Chess disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, Tshwane Chess Members, website subscribers, users, advertisers and/or sponsors on https://tshwanechess.org, in connection with Tshwane Chess and its service or otherwise related to your use of the https://tshwanechess.org and/or the services Tshwane Chess provides. Tshwane Chess is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, Tournament Organiser or other third party in connection with or referenced on the Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold Tshwane Chess, its Management, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of https://tshwanechess.org and any of its other websites.
During your interaction with us, whether via our websites, by email, through completion of surveys, entering our tournaments or by any other means, you may provide information to us which might include [such as] your name, address, gender, email address, phone number, birthday, twitter handle, the type of device you use to connect to the internet, and the subjects you are interested in, in order to provide you with information or reply to your queries. If you are creating an account you will provide a password and if you are ordering products or services from us you will provide your payment details. If you contribute as an author to one of our textbooks or are applying for a job with the company we may also collect information about your academic and work history, references and any other information you may choose to supply. Your information includes anything which identifies you so if you contribute to a blog or provide other user generated content to us it may include personal information.
If you provide us with more sensitive information this is known as Special Category (“Sensitive”) information and may include details about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical, or similar beliefs, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sexual life, sexual orientation or about criminal offences or proceedings. This type of information will be treated differently, and we will explain why we are collecting it and it will only be used with your explicit consent.
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may share your information as set out in the section ‘When We Share Your Information‘. The details of how we use your information and the legal bases for our use are set out below:
We may use such personal data collected to:
- process your request, for example, to enter a tournament, to purchase products or access services on our website and to administer your account,
- communicate with you and provide information about our tournaments, products, and services.
- send you marketing communications about tournaments, products, services, activities, promotions, or other matters that we feel may be of interest or use to you.
- contact you about products you have bought or services you have subscribed to,
- if you are a school, communicate with you and your school to provide Support in organising a tournament, booking a tournament, etc,
- analyse your use of our websites, our apps and response to our communications and improve the services we offer, including personalising our communications with you.
When we have your consent to contact you, we may use your information to:
- keep in contact with you and provide you with tournament communications about our news, tournaments, and products.
- tell you about new website features or services.
- send you newsletters.
We may use your information for the purposes listed below on the basis of our legitimate interests:
- to contact you about tournaments you entered or products you bought from us;
- to contact you about submissions you made or content you provided to us on our website or social media;
- to respond to your queries and correspondence;
- to collect and store accurate data of our members;
- to administer your account with us;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints as necessary to provide member support in providing the correct products and services to our website users;
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users;
- to analyse your use of our websites and apps and your responses to our communications;
- to personalise, enhance, modify or otherwise improve the services and/or communications that we provide to you;
- to detect and prevent fraud and unauthorised access or illegal activity;
- to improve security and optimisation of our network sites and services including trouble shooting, testing and software development and support;
- to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation;
- to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees;
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our legitimate interests, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights. We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Comply with a legal obligation
Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
Protect against legal liability
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us, however, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the personal data that is submitted to us for the purposes above remains secure and have procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of personal data. You must ensure passwords are not shared and are kept securely.
Our Service are directed at children for entertainment and educational purposes only. We will ensure that parental consent has been obtained by parents of children under the age of 16 who are registering on our site for comments, competitions, and downloads.
We collect a child’s information when they:
- create an account in our website.
- Enter into our tournaments,
- enter into our competitions aimed at our junior players.
- interact or correspond with us by letter, phone, SMS, email or via our website,
- submit contributions to our website or social media by post or via our website.
Your information may be processed by our Management Members or by the staff of third parties we work with to deliver our services to you. Processing can mean any activity that involves the use of information about someone that can identify them. All uses, for example, obtaining, recording, storing, disclosing, organising, retrieving, deleting, and destroying are types of data processing. We take measures to ensure that third parties processing your information on our behalf are acting lawfully in accordance with our instructions and are subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements. We also have adequate technical and organisational safeguards in place in our company and with third party processors to protect your information. Third party processors of your information include:
- our website hosts and operators, IT support providers, database operators, site analytics providers and software developers;
- our financial services;
- our clothing order processing team;
- our auditors, technical consultants and legal advisors;
- our fraud detection services;
We share your information within Tshwane Chess Region and our partner third organisations such as Chess South Africa in order to process it legally. When you register as a member of Tshwane Chess you consent to sharing your information with Chess South Africa in order to rate your or your child/ children’s tournaments. Chess South Africa becomes a joint data controller of your information with us. This means that Chess South Africa can make decisions about how to use your information.
Your Other Rights and Choices
You also have other choices and rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you to check that we are acting lawfully;
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format or in another format of your choice;
- the right to request that we transfer your information to another service provider in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- the right to ask us to correct information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to ask us, in certain circumstances, to delete information we hold about you;
- the right to ask us, in certain circumstances, to restrict processing of your information.
You may exercise your rights and choices by contacting us using the details above ‘Who We Are‘.
You can also prevent processing for marketing activities by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved in marketing.
Your Right to Complain
Please contact us if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your information is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may.
You also have the right to lodge an appeal within 15 min after the end of a tournament round here.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com
Enter your text here...