Date(s) - April 23, 2022
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sinenhlanhla Primary School
D1 Gauteng North District Individual Chess Finals – Only u13 Girls and Boys
Sinenhlanhla Primary School – Bronkhorspruit
Tournament Date: Saturday 23 April 2022
Admin Registration to start strictly at 7:15 am
TOURNAMENT ENTRIES ONLINE ONLY – Entries CLOSE on Wednesday 20 April at 17:00
Players to be seated at 7:45 am for announcements
Round 1 for all ages to start at 8:00 am
Round 2-5 +/- 15min after the end of the previous round
Swiss 5 rounds
Time Control: 30:30 – Rate of Play (Players are requested to bring their own clocks – Limited Clocks will be available to rent at R10 per round (R50 for 5 rounds) – Player who plays black to provide the clock)
Dress code: School uniform
Tournament Director: Karin Louw
Entries ONLINE ONLY – No online entry = NO participation
Each player must hand in a certified copy of his/her Birth certificate, with his/her photo attached to the Team Manager appointed – Younger players may play in the event, however, players may not have been born later than 2008.
Team manager: Each school must appoint a team manager that will handle all matters for that school. You must have the following documents available in a ledger, which must be clearly marked and handed in at the Managers Meeting
- 2022 D1 Individual Chess Player Entry Form
- Copy of each player’s Birth certificate, with a photo attached
- Players are not allowed to be at the tournament on their own and each school must have a teacher there looking after the children.
- No player from another district may participate in this tournament.
1. Latest FIDE rules will apply.
2. The tournament will be CHESS SA.
3. Players to provide their own clock with sanitising wipes for in-between rounds. The player who plays Black provides the Clock.
4.NO telephone, WhatsApp or SMS entries will be accepted.
5. By entering the tournament, you unconditionally agree to all the rules and regulations in the Tshwane Chess Handbook which can be accessed at Tshwane Chess Handbook.
6.No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter, Arbiters and PC personnel.
7.No items may be sold, traded or displayed without the prior written consent of the organiser.
8. The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible for the safety or property of players or spectators
9. The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender, race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites.
10. The player/parent/guardian gives consent for photo’s to be taken of the players during the tournament and to be published on our Social Media pages. Should consent not to be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify our photographers.
11.No withdrawals after round 4 will be accepted.
Covid 19 Regulations:
- Fill in the Venue Daily “screening” questionnaire (centralized by LOC)
- Keep a distance of 1.5m at all times.
- Absolutely no physical contact is allowed not even fist pumps just wave and keep your distance.
- Arrive with a mask and keep it on all the time. Your mask must cover your mouth and nose at all times.
- Sanitize hands regularly – players, officials.
- No sharing of any personal items, water bottles etc.
- Coaches, support staff to wear masks and screens at all times.
- Compliance officers to sanitize pieces before playing and after each round.
- Covid regulations in terms of numbers must adhere to therefore only 50% of the capacity of the venue may be occupied or a max of 50 persons including players &officials.
- The LOC will liaise with the 5 districts in terms of Covid and entry numbers.
For more information contact Pretty Mahamba