Date(s) - February 19, 2022
7:30 am - 6:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Constantiapark Open 2022: 19 February 2022
Chess players are invited to partake in the above tournament.
Venue: Laerskool Constantiapark, Corner of January Masilela and Rover streets, Constantiapark (Parking in January Masilela Street).
Online Entries and Tournament Rules: www.tshwanechess.org
• Payments must be made to: Laerskool Constantiapark, ABSA Branch 336445, Account number 3490147046. Payment reference: SKAAK, SURNAME, NAME.
Proof of payment can be sent to email@example.com
• Enter online at www.tshwanechess.org. Entries close Thursday 17 February at 20:00.
• Enquiries: Mariette Burger – 0825635949 – Organiser
• The latest FIDE rules will apply.
• All sections will be rated by CHESS SA.
• Players must provide their own clocks, notation pads, pens, and sanitizing wipes for clocks.
• NO telephone, WhatsApp or SMS entries will be accepted.
• It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that he/she is entered into the correct section. The Organiser reserves the right to move a player to the appropriate section in accordance with the latest national rating; the player will be held liable for any additional portion of the entry fee which might arise due to the move between sections.
• The organiser/arbiters have the right to move unrated players between sections at his/her own discretion and to combine or split sections to maintain the integrity of the tournament.
• By entering the tournament, you unconditionally agree to all the rules and regulations in the Tshwane Chess Handbook.
• If a player entered the tournament but his/her name does not appear on the Players
List please contact the organisers/arbiters.
• Only players with confirmed payments will be added to the draw as published on
• No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter , Arbiters, and Organiser.
• Prizes will only be presented to qualifying players attending the prize-giving which would be ±20 minutes after the last round per section.
• No items may be sold, traded, or displayed without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
• The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible for the safety or property of players or spectators.
• The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender, race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites. The player/parent/guardian gives consent for
• photo’s to be taken of the players during the tournament and to be published
on Social Media. Should consent not be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify our photographers.
• No withdrawals after round 4 will be accepted.
Covid – 19 Tournament Procedures
(Tshwane Chess Tournament Guidelines are available on www.tshwanechess.org)
• The Wearing of Masks will be compulsory for all players. Face Shields may be worn together with a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
• Sanitising and Handwashing – All players will line up in front of the playing hall keeping at least a 1mdistance between each player at all times and their hands will be sanitised before they are allowed to enter the venue.
• Boards and pieces will also be sanitised before and during the tournament.
• Temperature Measurement Station – All players will report to a Temperature measurement station after their hands have been sanitised – Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the start time of the tournament to allow enough time for this. Should a player have an elevated temperature he / she will not be allowed to play.
● Each player must have his / her own small bottle of hand sanitiser with him/ her at all times.
• Stringent Social Distancing measures must be followed at all times. All players will be spaced 1 to 1.5 meters apart. Players must also follow social distancing rules when entering and leaving the playing venue as well as when outside on the campus grounds.
Parents / Guardians
• All Parents / Guardians will have to wear masks.
• No Parent will be allowed inside the venue. Parents may sit outside the venue in the designated area.
• No spectators will be allowed inside the playing venue. When your game is completed, you must leave the playing venue. Parents may sit outside.
• Before the Tournament: Parents / Guardians are requested to check the symptoms of the player/ players for any of the following: Fever (elevated temperature above 37.5˚C), dry cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, tiredness. Should any of the above symptoms be apparent, parents/ guardians are requested to let us know immediately and to withdraw the player/players from the tournament for their own as well as the safety of the other participants.