Date(s) - February 26, 2022
7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Categories No Categories
2022 GAUTENG INTER REG26 FEBRUARY 2022
KERK IN SUID & NG ELDORAIGNE FAMILIEKERK
Hosted by Tshwane ChessION TOURNAMENT
This is a CLOSED tournament. Only players selected by their Regions may participate.
All Gauteng Regions as well as any other regions affiliated to Chess South
Africa, are cordially invited to participate in the 2022 Gauteng Inter Region
Kerk in Suid, 306 Cotie Ave, Wierdapark, Centurion, 0157 – All A teams and All Girls
NG Eldrorainge Familiekerk, 1045 Henri Rd, Eldoraigne, Centurion, 0157, Centurion, 1045
– All B and C Open teams
Hosted by Tshwane Chess
Teams enter HERE
Regional representatives Register Teams: 7:00
Arrival and Screening of players: 7:00
Opening Ceremony at each venue 7:15
Round 1: 7h30 tot 9h30
Round 2: 9h50 tot 11h50
Round 3: 12h10 tot 14h10
Round 4: 14h30 tot 16h30
Round 5: 16h50 tot 18h50
Online Entering of Players
All players must be registered by the Region Co-Ordinator via the tournament
link no later than Tuesday 22 February 2022. Cost per player is R150.
All arbiters will be appointed and approved by Tshwane Chess and applications
are open to arbiters from all participating regions.
Arbiter applications will close on Thursday 10 February 2022 at 20:00. Only
arbiters who have paid their Arbiter fees for the year will be considered.
Tournament Entry fee per player: R150
Managers / Coach Fee – R20 (Per manager or Coach who will be in the venue
with the team)
Banking Details for payments
Tshwane Chess Region
408 695 3485
REF: 22GIR+Region NAME+Invoice number
Each region is to bring the following clocks:
6 clocks per team of 10 players.
4 clocks per team of 6 players.
All clocks must be in good working order.
Registration on the 26th of February
Only Registered Regional Representatives will be allowed to register their
teams on the day of the event. They will need to sign off on their final team
lists and receive their team items.
Each team will receive the following items per player:
• Notation Pads
• Participation Certificate
Covid 19 Procedures
Pre-screening form must be completed ONLINE 30 minutes before round 1
starts before entering the venue.
Tshwane Chess Tournament Guidelines are available: HERE
1. The Wearing of Masks will be compulsory for all players. Face
Shields may be worn together with a mask that covers the nose and
2. Sanitising and Hand washing – All players will line up in front of the
playing hall keeping at least a 1m distance between each player at all
times and their hands will be sanitsed before they are allowed to
enter the venue.
3. Boards and pieces will also be sanitised before and during the
4. Temperature Measurement Station – All players and officials will
report to a Temperature measurement station after their hands have
been sanitised – Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the start
time of the tournament to allow enough time for this. Should a
player have an elevated temperature he / she will not be allowed to
5. Each player must have his / her own small bottle of hand sanitiser
with him/ her at all times.
6. NO spectators will be allowed inside any of the playing venues.
Only Arbiters, LOC, Team Managers and Players will be allowed
inside the venues.
7. Should it not be possible to host the event on the 26th of February
due to Government COVID regulations then the event will be
postponed and all monies paid will be caried over to the postponed
Stringent Social Distancing measures must be followed at all times. All
players will be spaced 1 to 1.5 meters apart. Players must also follow social
distancing rules when entering and leaving the playing venue as well as when
outside on the campus grounds.
1. Latest FIDE rules will apply.
2. All Sections will be rated by CHESS SA.
3. Each Region to provide clocks as stated under the Clock section.
4. NO telephone, WhatsApp or SMS entries will be accepted.
5. It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that he/she is entered into the correct
6. By entering the tournament, you unconditionally agree to all the rules and
regulations in the Tshwane Chess Handbook which can be accessed HERE.
7. If a player entered the tournament but his/her name does not appear on the Players
List by 10:00 on 2022/02/24 please contact the Chief Arbiter on the Regional Rep
8. Only players with confirmed payments will be added to the draw as published
9. No cell phones will be allowed in the playing area except for the TD, Chief Arbiter,
Arbiters and PC personnel. NO Manager or Coach may have a phone with them in
the playing venue.
10. Gold Medals will be awarded to the team who wins First place, Silver medals to the
Second place winners and Bronze medals to the Third place winners in each age
11. In order for anyone to be eligible for their prize, they must attend the prize-giving.
12. No items may be sold, traded, or displayed without the prior written consent of the
13. The Organiser of the tournament and other tournament officials are not responsible
for the safety or property of players or spectators.
14. The player/parent/guardian gives consent for the player’s name, surname, gender,
race, date of birth to be submitted to the rating agencies for the purposes of rating
the tournament and the rating agencies displaying it on their respective websites.
15. The player/parent/guardian gives consent for photo’s to be taken of the players
during the tournament and to be published on our Social Media pages. Should
consent not be given please notify us before the tournament so that we can notify
16. No withdrawals after round 4 will be accepted.
1. All teams are responsible for the own transport to and from the venue.
2. Tournament fees does not include meals. There will be a tuck shop at each
3. No team will be allowed to participate if their fees have not been settled in
In order for any player to be eligible for their prize, they must attend the prizegiving