Dear Players and Parents
The annual Etienne Lewis Team trials will take place from 2-4 September 2022.
The first 2 letters went out to ALL players this week. If you did not receive your letter please send me your updated contact details via WhatsApp.
The following tournaments remain to qualify for this event:
30 July: 2022 Jacaranda Open Tournament – Entries CLOSED(60:60)
30 July 2022 D4 League Finals - Primary Schools only will count. They play 5 rounds. (60:60)
6 August: Tuks Junior Club Chess Development Tournament
9 August: 2022 Women’s Day Tournament (Ladies only)(55:55+5)
13+14 August: 2022 Alekhine FIDE Rated Open Tournament (60:60+30sec)
20 August 2022: D1 League Finals (60:60)
27 August 2022: Gauteng Schools League Finals (60:60)
Please look at the 2022 Team Requirements for the different age groups HERE: 2022 Requirements for Team Selection – Tshwane Chess
SAJCC Circular was just published – Please go through it carefully and book your accommodation in advance.
Clothing orders will open on 17 September.
** Please note that for a tournament to be rated it has to have at least 5 rounds. Any tournament with less than 5 rounds will not be rated and will thus not count towards Etienne Lewis invitation or merit points.
The SAJCC will take place from 3-9 December at the Wild Coast Sun in the Eastern Cape. The updated circular is not available yet, however, you can read more on the SAJCC website https://www.sajcc.co.za/.
We are aware that this still falls within the school term and we will email schools with the updated circular to gain their input on exam timetables as soon as we have the circular. Please ensure that we have your child’s school’s contact details.
- Please check that we have the correct details for your child.
- Check that your child has played the required number of tournaments to be invited to Etienne Lewis or if he / she still needs to enter one of the remaining tournaments in order to qualify.
- Check that you have adhered to the admin requirements:
- Annual Registration with Tshwane Chess Region https://www.cognitoforms.com/TshwaneChessRegion/_2022TshwaneChessRegistration
- Annual Registration with Chess SA https://www.cognitoforms.com/TshwaneChessRegion/_2022ChessSARegistration
- How do you search for your child’s Chess SA number? Go to Chess South Africa (chessa.co.za) Search for the player’s surname in the search box . The Chess SA ID is in the Second Column of the list. Unfortunately, I do not have time to search for each player who entered a 0 or other random word’s Chess SA ID therefore unless you are a new player, I will not be pulling in your entry if the correct information is not provided with tournament entries.
- Annual Registration with a Club affiliated with Tshwane Chess. (We do not have the membership lists from the clubs yet)
CLUBS – I need a spreadsheet with the following headings. It is the responsibility of the club to make sure that each player’s Chess SA ID is filled in before the list is sent to me.
HELP A FRIEND: if you know your friend’s child has also been waiting for this email please check if they have received their mail. If not then they need to contact me with their email and phone number so that I can update their child’s details.
President, Tournaments, SAJCC, Marketing: Tshwane Chess